CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS OPEN!
Young academics and entrepreneurs: Share your innovative idea at the Falling Walls Lab Turku, win a scholarship and travel to the Finale in Berlin!
University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University organize Falling Walls Lab Turku, an innovation contest for young academics, entrepreneurs and experts. The qualifying Lab will be held on June 14th, 2016 at the Sibelius Museum, Turku Finland. The Falling Walls Lab is a platform for professionals from all disciplines who get the opportunity to present their research work, business model or innovative project or idea.
Each participant of the Lab has only 3 minutes to share their idea in front of the distinguished jury from academia and business. The most intriguing presenter will qualify directly for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin. Travel costs and accommodation in Berlin are covered. The call for applications is open for young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines around Finland, Nordic and Baltic countries.
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The winners of each international Falling Walls Lab qualify for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin, which is held every year on 8th November and is closely connected to the annual and international renowned Falling Walls Conference, taking place on 9th November. At the Conference top-class scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research answering the question “Which are the next walls to fall?”.
- Present your research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today – in 3 minutes!
- Convince a top-class jury with members from academia, research institutions and business.
- Exchange insights on an interdisciplinary level with fellow researchers and professionals.
- Get involved in exciting discussions and network with excellent scientists and professionals.
Who can Apply
- We are looking for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines around Finland, Nordic and Baltic countries.
- Bachelor and Master students, PhD candidates, post-docs (not more than 5 years from PhD), junior professors and entrepreneurs are invited to apply.
Applications can be made through the website Falling Walls Lab
Application deadline: 2nd of May 2016
The Falling Walls Lab Turku takes place on 14th June 2016 at the Sibelius Museum, Piispankatu 17, Turku, Finland. Start: 11 am
A distinguished jury selects the winner who
- travels to Berlin on 8th/9th November 2016
- qualifies directly for the Lab Finale in Berlin on 8th November 2016 as one of 100 international and interdisciplinary participants (travel costs and accommodation are covered).
- is awarded a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on 9th November 2015 where some of the world’s most prominent scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research in 15 minutes each.
”The competition challenged me to think how to present my research shortly, yet in a popular manner. The Lab also gave me a chance to experience the excited and distinguished atmosphere at the finale in Berlin.” – Eric Malmi, Falling Walls Lab Turku Finalist 2014
“The competition gave me a unique opportunity to extend my international contact network.” – Erika Halonen, Falling Walls Lab Turku Finalist 2015
More information about Falling Walls Lab Turku on Aboagora – Between Arts and Sciences
Heli Rantala, coordinator of Falling Walls Lab Turku and Aboagora symposium
tfn +358 50 570 4017
Tweet about the Lab: #FallingWalls16